Parents know how important it is to be involved in their children's education; it is a key factor in student success. The Westlake Parent Teacher League (PTL) is a service organization established to develop events and programs with an educational, service (mission) or recreational purpose, maintaining a Christ-centered focus while providing supplemental financial support to Westlake.
All parents or guardians of Westlake students comprise the general membership of the PTL in addition to faculty and staff. Here are some ways you can take a more active role in your child's education at Westlake:
• volunteer to help with Pizza Fridays
• volunteer in the school library or the teacher workroom
• serve as a homeroom parent, class reader or computer assistant
• help with the Book Fair
• assist teachers as needed in the classroom
PTL Events and Programs
- Westlake Wildcat Birthday Book Club - The PTL sponsored Wildcat Birthday Book Club allows parents, grandparents, friends and other relatives to celebrate a student’s birthday (or half-birthday) by donating a book in their honor to our school’s library. Each participating child is honored on the morning announcements, their picture is displayed in the school's foyer and they get to participate in a group Birthday Party. Each student will be the first to check out the book that was donated in their name. If you wish to celebrate your child through our Birthday Book Club, please contact the PTL Volunteer in charge of Book Club.
- School Spirit Nights - School Spirit Nights will be held for the students to enjoy with their families. Spirit Nights will be announced through out the year.
- Book Fair - Join us for fun events, like Donuts with Dad and M& Ms with Mom, during this week and take advantage of the opportunity to shop for plenty of great books. The Book Fair is organized by the teachers and PTL volunteers at Westlake. Volunteers will help with getting the book fair set up, customer check out and the various events that occur during this special week!
- Amazon Smile and Kroger Rewards – These programs donate a portion of your purchases to the Lutheran Education Association of Houston (LEAH Schools). Thank you for your participation in these programs; they are a great way for our school to receive additional financial support to fund educational programs for the students.
- Christmas Decorating - Come “Deck Westlake’s Halls” with plenty of Christmas cheer! The last week in November, PTL volunteers will help decorate the school for Christmas and bring the Christmas spirit to our school and students. PTL volunteers will also help un-deck the halls the week we return from Christmas break.
- Lutheran Schools Week - PTL volunteers help with special events planned by the Westlake teachers in late January.
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon - Parents can show their appreciation to their child’s teacher this day by helping with the annual Teacher Appreciation Luncheon. In April, all Westlake teachers and staff will be treated to a catered luncheon provided by the PTL.
- WILD School Assemblies -The PTL enjoys sponsoring the Westlake WILD (Wildcat Imagine Learn and Dream) School Assemblies. These programs are aimed at bringing a series of educational and informational assemblies to the students throughout the year.
- Annual Gala Fundraiser - See the Westlake Gala page